We wanted to share 50 more thought provoking journal prompts to help you get started or dive deeper into your journaling practice!
1. What are your top 5 values in life?
2. What are your best character traits?
3. What is something nobody knows about you? Why have you kept it a secret?
4. Write about an important person in your life who you are grateful for. What do you admire about this person, why have they had such an impact on your life, and what would you like to tell them?
5. What is your biggest fear, and what about it makes you feel scared?
6. What makes you feel fulfilled?
7. When something good or bad happens, who is the first person you want to tell, and why?
8. Discuss 5 things you wish others knew about you.
9. What quote or saying inspires you when you need it most?
10. Look at yourself in the mirror and then write out 3-5 physical traits you love about yourself, and why.
11. What do you want people to remember most about you when you’re gone?
12. What inspires you?
13. Who is your mentor, why do you look up to him/her, and what has he/she taught you?
14. What is your 5-year plan? Map out all of the things you need to do to reach your goals.
15. Do you have any unhealthy habits that are holding you back from your goals? How can you overcome them?
16. What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received?
17. What shocked you most about motherhood?
18. Describe your biggest achievement as a mom. How did it make you feel?
19. When your kids look back on their childhood, what 3 things do you hope they remember most?
20. Write a letter to your pre-mom self telling her all the things you wish she knew.
21. How has your mom shaped you as a mother?
22. What are your favorite family traditions?
23. Discuss a time you felt you failed a mother. If you could have a do-over, what would you change about the situation?
24. Describe 5+ things about your child(ren) that make you proud.
25. List the 5 people you spend the most time with, why, and how they’re affecting you — your behaviors, your thoughts, your life.
26. List the top 5 people you admire, and why.
27. Who is your favorite person in all the world and why?
28. What is your favorite song/musical piece and why?
29. List your top 5 favorite books/movies, and why.
30. If you didn’t have to worry about money or people’s opinions, what would you do with your life?
31. How do you spend your time? On a weekday? On a weekend?
32. What is a book you wish someone would write?
33. What is the next thing you want to learn? And to what degree?
34. Define the following: Success. Wisdom. Love. Faith. Truth. Courage. Joy
35. List all the things you think you SHOULD do, that you don’t want to do.
36. Or the opposite: what you SHOULD NOT do, that you do. Why?
37. If your house burned to the ground, what are the top 1–3 things you would want to save? (not including people — assume your family is outside already)
38. What do you need today?
39. What time of day are you most productive? Why do you think that is?
40. What has been inspiring you lately?
41. What have you always wanted to do, but haven’t gotten around to it? What is stopping you?
42. What was the last scary decision you made? What did it feel like? Do you think you made the right choice?
43. What’s the last good habit you developed? How did you do it?
44. Write as if you’re seeing someone in your life for the very first time.
45. Write to, or about the last person you kissed.
46. Listen to an old song and write the emotions that come forth.
47. Consider what you would change in your life, write a letter to your younger self based on those things.
48. Write a stranger’s story.
49. Make a ‘happy moments’ list and write a scene from one of those times.
50. Write about a conversation you’re longing to have.
Join Our Community of Amazing Women
Be the first to know about upcoming events, new shows and stories!