It is rare to hear anyone say that they love to move. Especially if someone has lived and loved their home for 20, 30 years, or more, these Senior homeowners do not like to be forced by anyone to move quickly. When they feel like the push is coming from children or another family member, friend, or Realtor, they start to resist. They need to be encouraged to make decisions. They need to feel in control of their plans to move, the downsizing of things, and the general paperwork required in a Real Estate Transaction. Often the process of moving never gets off the ground as they procrastinate. Procrastination leads to frustration for everyone involved.
Do we ask? What is the Bright side then?
If Seniors are encouraged to move, given time to facilitate the changes and find trust in professionals to help them, the move happens with collaboration.
The result for the family and the Senior Homeowner could then bring on these Bright experiences:
A. Fewer Responsibilities for all
1. Less stress on one’s shoulder for hiring or managing the at-home tasks.
2. Less conflict with family over who is going to help with projects needed.
3. Smaller space means less to clean & maintain
B. More time to enjoy the activities that bring Joy to the Day for both the Seniors & the family.
1. Family time is more focused on fun conversations & playtime
2. It’s easier to get out with friends
3. More time for hobbies like golf, traveling, sewing, crafts, reading, etc.
C. A new start Brings a New life to Many & more Freedom to engage in Relationships & activities.
1. New friendships are formed.
2. In a new environment, more attention to the life stories
3. Activities they are learning anew, make them feel younger.
D. A great way to ditch the stuff. The stuff seems to love them and holds them back from making practical decisions. Once encouraged to let go of stuff, Seniors feel free, it opens a new chapter in life. Make Day to Day life more enjoyable when all baggage is left behind.
1. No more boxes and bags filled with stuff no one needs
2. All the things turning moldy are gone
3. Children have taken the treasures & given them new homes
4. Furniture, clothing, are now repurposed or disposed of for being overused or not used at all.
Now you know the Bright Side of moving. Trust me! It can be a project completed; I’ve seen it happen. On the other side of the move, I hear them say, “We should have done this sooner.”
Call me & I will help you find that Bright side. No waiting for moving to happen when a crisis occurs or have you saying “I should have done this sooner”.
Realtor - Managing Broker
Teresa Barthol -Managing Broker with eXp Realty Seattle. Brings 22 plus years’ experience to consult with clients about real estate in the 3rd and 4th quarters of their lives. . With longevity in Real Estate Teresa loves to share her optimistic problem solving skills, creative out of the box thinking along with her enthusiasm for great outcomes. “Believe,” she will say, your desires in life will be realized. Teresa focuses on Lifestyles to Live within the four walls you call home.
Join Our Community of Amazing Women
Be the first to know about upcoming events, new shows and stories!