You should think of your website as the #1 marketing tool in your business. When people hear of a business one of the first things they do is check out their website. This means it is often the first point of contact with a potential client and often what makes them decide if they want to know more. So, what can you do to make sure that your website is doing the job of a top marketing tool?
- Keep your site looking good. Make sure your site design is current and meets the expectation of your industry. If it is obvious that your site has not been updated in a decade you lose some credibility.
- Make it easy for users to find the information they are looking for. The more someone has to search for something the less likely they are to stay on your site. Frustration results in website exits.
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date. It may seem obvious, but many businesses will forget to update email addresses, phone numbers and addresses.
- Offer relevant and compelling content that meets the needs of your website visitor and shows why your business is a good fit.
- Make your call to action buttons, links and forms easy to find and simple to use. If the user has to hunt for a call to action, they will not do anything.
- Reduce drop off points on your site. Look at your analytics and determine where people tend to leave your site and create a path to keep them there. This could be adding a link to read more, offering a related blog post or including a call to action.
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly. Many users will never access your site from a computer and instead use a smart phone or tablet. Make sure that your site looks great on any computer or device.
Your website should not only attract your ideal clients, but it should also communicate your offerings clearly to disqualify people who will never work with you. By ensuring that your site is user friendly, offers value and leads visitors into your sales funnel you increase the chances that your ideal website visitors become clients.
Danielle is a serial entrepreneur and has been creating and running businesses for over 20 years. She currently operates Easy As Pie Design, a website design firm and Build Your Mastermind, a business consulting agency.
Danielle has been featured in over 30 publications, worked with National Geographic in over 50+ countries, and has created a process for extracting an ROI from an ROE in training and development which is currently being used in over 100+ corporations.
Danielle encourages all of those that work with her to deep dive into their values, maximize those natural talents and skills, and create the life they have always dreamed of. She is a full believer that when you align yourself with who you are meant to be, there is an opportunity around every corner.
Join Our Community of Amazing Women
Be the first to know about upcoming events, new shows and stories!